Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

It has been a nice mother's day, without drama or any issues. The hubby and I went to eat at the Grouse Nest in the Hocking Hills. They had a nice buffet not fancy but some good food. After lunch we took an easy hike at Ash Cave one of our favorite place to walk. I can tell I am getting a bit stronger as the hike was much easier. It is time to get serious about getting into shape. I want to hike in the Smokey Mountains in late June. Time for diet and some solid exercise.
On the knitting front I finished my Hedera socks in Maizy yarn. That yarn has a wonderful hand feel and I hope they wear well. I decided to make the hubby a pair of socks to wear hiking in Trekking XXL. It will be a generic toe up sock knit on "0" circulars heel to toe should be about 10 inches and I am trying for about 72 stitches around I have only made him one pair of socks a while back when I had not been knitting socks for long and I used size 2 needles so we shall see how many stitches need cast on. I am starting with 32. The only problem I see is they are dark blue and I have some issue with seeing the stitches as the daylight fades.
100_1301

No comments:

Post a Comment